You knew it would happen sooner or later. Your elderly parent is not doing well at home on their own anymore. You worry when they are there all alone. Even having a neighbor pop in now and then doesn’t ease your mind.
There are options, but you’re not sure which way to turn. Elderly home care information just seems so confusing. What should you do?
Well, read on for some enlightening resources on what your next move could be. Consider private duty home care. Because there’s no place like home.
You want a resource that will provide:
- Care and daily living assistance to individuals in their own homes
- Services geared towards those who cannot do everything on their own anymore
- Help with dressing, food preparation, medicines, and more.
- Companionship for your loved one so your mind is put at ease
- Someone who can provide transportation to doctor or hospital visits.
- Helping to provide your loved one with the means to a dignified way of life
- Assistance with Alzheimer’s patients
The best resource you could ask for would be a place that provides private duty home care. Because growing older doesn’t mean you have to give up everything you know and love. If you are able to remain at home then why shouldn’t you? With a little help from someone coming in to assist you, your life will feel like it’s back on track once again.
Home health aides can provide for you:
- Cooking and meal prep
- Laundry and bed linens
- Cleaning the bathroom and light housekeeping
- Cleaning the bedroom by dusting and mopping
- Making the bed and all routine housekeeping
- Shopping and providing household errands.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting, incontinence
- Providing hygiene and personal grooming
- Supervising walking or transferring from bed to chair
- Medication reminders
- Going for walks
- Help with bills and other correspondence
- Providing for someone to be in the home and someone to talk with
These are all such important and routine habits that may become more difficult for a loved one as each day passes. Don’t try to take all of it on yourself, because it’s an impossible task for any one person to do.
Elderly home care is available and will ease your mind like never before. Good, caring home health care professionals like those at Comfort Caregivers, are waiting to help you or your loved one to have the good life right there in their own home.