Specific services are tailored to each individual client and are unique to each situation.
Our professionally trained caregivers allow your loved one to remain as independent and as comfortable as possible in their own homes. And our caregivers provide much-needed respite for family caregivers, providing in-home assistance with daily living activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, continence, ambulation, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housekeeping and transportation. Of significant importance, our caregivers also provide meaningful companionship, socialization and emotional support to those needing care.
Custom Tailored Service Plan for Every Case
The particular list of serves we provide in a given situation depends on the requests of the client and family members. In developing your Care Plan with you, we take into consideration health and safety issues as well as the personality of the client.
Experienced in Many Levels of Care & Myriad Conditions
We work with you to set up a specific Care Plan that meets your needs and desires. The particular list of serves we provide in a given situation depends on the requests of the client and family members. In developing your Care Plan with you, we take into consideration health and safety issues as well as the personality of the client.
Comfort Caregivers has experience with myriad conditions, illness and limitations. We ensure the selected caregivers for your Care Plan are trained to handle the unique issues your loved one faces.
Some of the challenges we assist with include:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Cancer and other diseases
- Depression, anxiety and other mental health issues
- Recovery from all types of surgery
- Heart conditions
- Rehabilitation from bone injuries
- Hearing loss
- Diseases requiring special care and attention
- The use of various medical devices
Examples of In-Home Care Services We Provide
Caregivers provides daily living assistance with activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, continence, ambulation, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housekeeping, and transportation.
A specific list of in-home assistance services in a Care Plan may, for example, include:
Housekeeping and Homemaking Services
- Cooking and preparing meals according to specific dietary needs
- Taking care of all personal laundry and bed linens
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use, including washing dishes and mopping the floor
- Making the bed and changing bedding
- Cleaning the client’s bedroom, including dusting and vacuuming
- Shopping and performing household errands
Personal Care Services
- Watching for and communicating changes in health conditions, eating habits and personality
- Bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, and continence
- Providing hygiene and grooming assistance
- Supervising ambulation and helping to prevent falls
- Driving and/or accompanying the client to the physician or other appointments
- Reminding clients to take their medication
Companion Care Services
- Going on walks
- Providing socialization, friendship and support
- Encouraging and participating in stimulating activities
- Helping with correspondence to family and friends
- Providing respite for family caregivers
Additional Care Services – Going Above and Beyond Expected Duties
We’ve been known to do some fairly unique tasks for clients.
Here are a few examples of additional care services we offer that “go the extra mile” to make sure your loved one receives the best possible care.
- We frequently serve our clients 24/7 during hospitals stays, tending to their needs and communicating with the all-too-busy hospital staff.
- We coordinate and continue care when our clients are in the process of moving or leaving their homes temporarily for home repairs, travel, etc.
- We help clients write Christmas cards, do holiday shopping and put up holiday decorations around the house.
- We often (dietary restrictions permitting) bake cookies or other occasional treats for our clients.